Botswana is the best African country for safari travel. This is based on a thorough examination of more than 3,000 expert and safari-goer reviews.
SafariBookings.com, an online marketplace for African safari tours, conducted an exhaustive investigation to find the winner of the best African safari country title. After examining more than 3,000 reviews that were compiled by both safari-goers and African travel experts, Botswana was declared the overall winner.
Contributions included safari-goers from around the globe. It also included the reviews from 22 guidebook authors – working for Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, Frommer’s, Bradt and Footprint – who make-up the SafariBookings expert panel.
Botswana took the year given the unique, wandering wetlands of the Okavango Delta, the iconic sights and sounds of the desert in the Kalahari and attractions such as some of the largest salt pans on the planet.
The country’s scenic tapestry contains a diverse concentration of wildlife found in few other places in Africa.
Botswana has taken the title in 2018 for the first time, taking over from 2017 winner Tanzania.
The study reveals Tanzania as the best country overall for wildlife and scenic value, while Botswana was the overall winner in the bird category.
Zimbabwe shot up the popularity stakes for safari-goers sizzling to number one overall, and also claiming the scenic value category. Uganda ranked number 8.
Ratings for the 8 major safari countries
- Botswana – 4.64/5 (Experts: 4.44/5 – Users: 4.83/5)
- Tanzania – 4.55/5 (Experts: 4.39/5 – Users: 4.71/5)
- Zimbabwe – 4.39/5 (Experts: 3.87/5 – Users: 4.92/5)
- Zambia – 4.39/5 (Experts: 4.22/5 – Users: 4.56/5)
- Kenya – 4.36/5 (Experts: 4.06/5 – Users: 4.65/5)
- South Africa – 4.34/5 (Experts: 3.97/5 – Users: 4.71/5)
- Namibia – 4.27/5 (Experts: 3.95/5 – Users: 4.60/5)
- Uganda – 4.21/5 (Experts: 3.81/5 – Users: 4.61/5
To read the full article, visit – https://www.safaribookings.com/blog/best-african-safari-country