The HB Antwerp Innovation Lab arms soon-to-be graduates with skills for the engineering and technology industry. The programme will include an intensive month-long virtual core programme, followed by two months of virtual support and mentorship. Participants will also improve their skillsets, including innovation and intrapreneurship; gain a greater understanding of the practical implications of engineering and enhance their confidence in public speaking and networking. HB Antwerp core learning pillars include innovation, leadership and intrapreneurship.
The objective of the programme is to support Batswana pursuing STEM careers, offering meaningful, in-country training and job opportunities. The programme also aims to support the Botswana economy, fostering long-term talent development and brand exposure for new graduates and mid-career engineers while furthering gender parity in the diamond industry.
Additionally, HB Antwerp aims to extend job offers to some participants upon completion of the programme.
About HB Antwerp
HB Antwerp turns the diamond supply chain upside down starting with the customer. Using technology, HB Antwerp brings simplicity and transparency to a typically complex supply chain. Everything happens in a closed-loop, backed with the latest technologies and tracked with blockchain making it 100% transparent from diamond mine to market. By aligning the different partners along the value chain from rough to polished and sharing complete data and information throughout the process from mine to consumer, for the first time, local governments get paid royalties on the actual polished prices of their diamonds instead of on the estimated rough value.
- Gain exclusive access to resources on innovation, leadership and intrapreneurial skills.
- Gain a greater understanding of the practical implications of engineering.
- Enhance confidence in public speaking and networking.
- Gain the opportunity to be recruited by HB Antwerp in January 2022.
- Applications are open to students of any gender.
- Applicants must be citizens of Botswana.
- Applicants must be studying full-time towards an engineering tertiary level qualification at a university or university of technology in Botswana or neighbouring countries with the vision to remain or return to Botswana for full-time work.
- Applicants must be in their penultimate to final year i.e. 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must be able to commit to 3 – 5 hours per week in September 2021 for the core virtual program. This will be followed by a support programme in October – November 2021 and will require an average time commitment of 1 – 2 hours a week.
- Applications must be completed online. It is recommended that responses are completed offline first as you cannot save your application and return to complete it.
- The deadline for submission of completed applications is 02 August 2021, 23h59 SAST.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted by 20 August 2021.
- Further details regarding the program delivery will be communicated directly to successful applicants.
To apply, please follow the link below: https://www.womhub.com/opportunities
For queries, email email@example.com
Atupele Phiriatupele@womeng.org or firstname.lastname@example.org